Judiciary last resort to raise issues: courtMarch 26th, 2008 - 11:56 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Pulling up petitioners for moving the court over petty issues, the Delhi High Court Wednesday told them that courts should be the last resort to resolve problems. “Things are not so bad that you have no other place to go to raise your problems and get it solved. Parliament is the best place to raise issues. Even media is very active in highlighting the issues,” said a division bench of Justices T.S. Thakur and Siddharth Mridul.
Coming down heavily on a voluntary organisation that sought the court’s intervention in checking illegal construction in the capital, the bench asked: “What have you done so far for public interest? What are your grounds for claiming to be an activist to raise these issues?”
“We also want that Delhi should become a good place to live but we have our limitations,” it said while posting the matter for Thursday to pass any order.
The bench was hearing a public interest petition filed by Saaransh Welfare Association seeking directions to civic agencies to check unauthorised constructions and to ensure maintenance of community centres.
- Fix criteria for PDS monitoring panels, SC tells centre (Lead) - Aug 30, 2012
- Form vigilance panels on PDS, apex court tells centre - Aug 30, 2012
- Apex court slams civic officials for illegal constructions - Jun 01, 2011
- SC notice on green nod for Maharashtra power project (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Judges cannot fix poverty line: Supreme Court - Sep 03, 2012
- Court seeks report from civic agencies on water-logging - Jul 11, 2012
- Supreme Court stays Goa information panel order - Dec 08, 2011
- Court issues notices on release of Maoists for Hikaka - Apr 19, 2012
- Anti-encroachment drive in Ahmedabad to go on - Apr 18, 2011
- Court slams Delhi civic agencies for waterlogging (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Notice issued to MCD on community hall site - Apr 06, 2011
- Unauthorized construction: MCD must respond - Nov 02, 2011
- Apex court rejects woman's alimony claim - Oct 21, 2010
- Apex court to hear plea on abducted Odisha legislator - Apr 18, 2012
- Sikri is acting chief justice of Delhi High Court - Oct 10, 2011