Judicial custody of Italian Marines extendedApril 2nd, 2012 - 3:38 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, April 2 (IANS) A court in Kerala Monday extended till April 16 the judicial custody of two Italian Marines arrested for allegedly shooting dead two Indian fishermen in February.
They have been lodged at the Central Prison here. Following the new order, their remand will continue.
Marines Latorre Massimillano and Salvatore Girone were first sentenced by the court for 14 days custody Feb 20 and police were given three days to interrogate them.
Both the marines were produced in court Monday.
The court Monday granted permission to police to question them Tuesday in the prison.
Indian fishermen Ajesh Binki, 25, and Gelastine, 45, were allegedly mistaken as pirates and shot dead by the Italians who were on the security crew of cargo vessel Enrica Lexie Feb 15, off Alappuzha in Kerala.
The detension of the Italians has created a chill in India-Italy ties.
- Will stay in Kerala till issue resolved: Italian minister - Mar 07, 2012
- Custody of Italian marines extended till April 2 - Mar 19, 2012
- Italian marines get bail - May 30, 2012
- Families of detained Italians visit them in Trivandrum jail - Apr 19, 2012
- Italian ship not to be let off until Monday, orders court - Feb 24, 2012
- Judicial custody of Italian marines extended till May 11 - Apr 30, 2012
- Arrested Italians to be produced in court - Feb 20, 2012
- Italian Marines can't be tried in India: Counsel - Feb 23, 2012
- Italian ship will have to wait till forensic report: Kerala - Mar 28, 2012
- Italian marines' bail plea rejected, remand extended to May 25 - May 11, 2012
- Kerala court dismisses pleas of Italian Marines - May 29, 2012
- Italian marines get bail (Lead, Changing dateline) - May 30, 2012
- Italy moves apex court for custody of its Marines - Apr 20, 2012
- Italian marines may be shifted from jail to remand home - May 24, 2012
- Weapon used to shoot Indian fishermen still on ship - Feb 21, 2012