Judicial custody of high court blast accused extendedMarch 28th, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 28 (IANS) A special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court Wednesday extended judicial custody of two accused in the 2011 Delhi High Court blast and deferred the hearing for taking cognisance of the charge sheet to next month.
Special NIA Judge H.S. Sharma listed the matter for scrutiny of documents of the chargesheet for April 18 and extended the judicial custody of accused Amir Abbas Dev and Wasim Akram Malik till then.
NIA had filed its chargesheet in the case March 13 against six people including a minor. The charge sheet, filed during in-camera proceedings, named Amir Abbas Dev and Wasim Akram Malik, who were arrested in September, and are in judicial custody.
“Wasim Malik, an avid internet user, is one of those leaderless jehadis who conspired and executed this cowardly and inhuman terrorist action in conspiracy with the terrorists of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and other outfits,” said the NIA, in the charge sheet.
The others named are Malik’s brother and alleged Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist Junaid Akram Malik, Shakir Hussain Seikh alias Chota Hafiz and Amir Kamal. They are absconding.
Fifteen people were killed and 79 injured in the Sept 7, 2011 blast outside Gate No.5 of the Delhi High Court.
The NIA told the court that investigations were going on in respect of Abu Bilal and Abu Saifullah who reportedly planted the bomb and it could file a supplementary chargesheet later.
- Delhi High Court blast: Charges filed against six (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Order against accused reserved - Aug 24, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court finds evidence against accused - Sep 04, 2012
- An year after HC blast, Delhi courts' more secure: Police - Sep 06, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Court to frame charges Oct 1 - Sep 21, 2012
- Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges Sep 18 (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet filed in Delhi High Court blast case - Mar 13, 2012
- Chargesheet in Delhi High Court blast Wednesday - Mar 12, 2012
- Delhi blast accused's plea to be heard May 1 - Apr 18, 2012
- Delhi High Court blast: Accused records statement - May 02, 2012
- NIA raids suspects' residences in Jammu, Kishtwar - Oct 19, 2011
- NIA quizzing Kishtwar youth, family asserts his innocence - Oct 08, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: abbas, alias, amir kamal, bilal, cognisance, delhi high court, hafiz, internet user, investigation agency, judicial custody, junaid, malik, mujahideen, national investigation, New Delhi, saifullah, scrutiny, shakir, terrorist action, wasim akram