Judge apologises for judgement overruling high court orderMarch 17th, 2009 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, March 17 (IANS) Additional District and Sessions Judge Ravi Kumar Sondhi Tuesday apologised to a bench of the Punjab and Haryana High Court for passing an interim order of extension of lease for the Dera Bassi toll plaza in violation of high court orders.
“I apologise before the court as I was not aware about the real status of the Dera Bassi toll plaza and I was not provided with complete facts,” said Sondhi.
The bench, taking cognisance of his ignorance, gave a clean chit to Sondhi.
The bench headed by Justice Uma Nath Singh had Monday directed Sondhi to explain why contempt proceedings should not be initiated against him.
In January, the high court had issued an order that no further extension will be given to the toll plaza in Punjab’s Dera Bassi town, about 25 km from here, after the expiry of its lease and the case is still under its consideration.
The nine-year lease of the toll plaza that is owned by a private contractor had expired March 14.
The court also ordered the deputy commissioner of Mohali to stop the working of the toll plaza in Dera Bassi with immediate effect.
- Free ride on Gurgaon expressway till Sep 25 - Sep 20, 2012
- SC declines to interfere with expressway's toll order - Sep 12, 2012
- Operator charges toll at two Gurgoan plazas - Sep 05, 2012
- Top cop who took on Gurgaon toll plaza transferred - Sep 18, 2012
- Fire in Punjab chemical factory - May 22, 2011
- Major fire in Punjab godown - Apr 30, 2011
- No toll on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway for 15 days: Court - Sep 04, 2012
- Punjab politician perches on tree, demands Badal come - Apr 16, 2011
- Treetop protester is a proclaimed offender, say police - Apr 20, 2011
- Punjab politician climbs tree in protest, wants to meet Badal - Apr 16, 2011
- Man robbed of car on highway - Apr 18, 2011
- Why not asylum to Pakistani Hindus, court asks government - Dec 21, 2011
- Details sought of medical reimbursements to cabinet ministers, bureaucrats - Mar 29, 2012
- High court talks tough on mining - Mar 03, 2012
- Mumbai-based toll operator bags NHAI contract for toll collection - May 17, 2011