JSW Steel to start on Salboni project after Puja: JindalSeptember 10th, 2011 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 10 (IANS) JSW Steel Ltd will start construction work of its Rs.35,000 crore integrated steel plant at Salboni in West Bengal’s West Midnapore district after the festive season in October this year, a top company executive said Saturday.
“We have spoken with the chief minister and will sort out the technical issues that include land and water in another 15 days time. We will start construction work after Durga Puja,” JSW Steel vice chairman and managing director Sajjan Jindal told reporters after a meeting with Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and state Commerce and Industry Minister Partha Chatterjee.
Commercial production for the first phase of the project is expected to begin in 2014.
Stating that land ceiling rules allow a single holder to keep up to 24 acres of land, the West Bengal government last month said it would keep title to 270 acres of the 290 acres of land bought directly by the company from land owners at Salboni.
On the land issue, Jindal said: “There is some issue about 270 acres of land. The chief minister has directed that whatever technical problems there are, will have to be sorted out by 15 days.”
“I have made a commitment that work at Salboni will start after the Puja,” he said.
The chief minister was very supportive of the project, he added.
- Bengal government to sort out JSW's plant problems - Oct 29, 2011
- Bengal to vest 270 acres from JSW Steel - Aug 10, 2011
- Sajjan Jindal's Bengal steel project to start soon - Jul 11, 2012
- JSW Steel's Salboni project to 'restart' in August: Bengal minister - Jul 25, 2012
- Bengal government's bid to regularise JSW's land (Lead) - Aug 11, 2011
- Equipment foundation of Salboni project by December - Sep 08, 2010
- Policy matters, iron ore sourcing delaying steel plant: JSW Steel - Jan 10, 2012
- Roofers to start production soon at cement plant - Sep 17, 2012
- JSW Steel to start Salboni project by fiscal-end - Jul 27, 2010
- JSW Steel plans to complete Salboni project in three years - Feb 09, 2010
- JSW Bengal faces no problem in Maoist-hit West Midnapore - Jun 03, 2010
- Bhattacharjee assures JSW of security for Salboni plant - Feb 08, 2010
- JSW Steel partners with Japanese firm - Nov 19, 2009
- JSW Steel plans to raise Rs.6,600 cr for Bengal project - Oct 08, 2009
- Bengal woos industry amid mismanagement taint (West Bengal Newsletter) - Jan 15, 2012
Tags: banerjee, chief minister, company executive, construction work, durga puja, festive season, industry minister, integrated steel, jindal, jsw steel ltd, land and water, managing director, midnapore district, state commerce, steel plant, vice chairman, west bengal government