JSW Energy’s Ratnagiri project now fully operationalOctober 17th, 2011 - 4:14 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 17 (IANS) JSW Energy Monday said its 1,200 MW Ratnagiri thermal power project in Maharashtra is fully operational and providing power to the state grid.
“JSW Energy, part of the JSW Group, has started commercial operations of the fourth unit of 300 MW at its power plant in Ratnagiri from Oct 16,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
“As a result, the entire 1,200 MW power plant is now fully operational and is supplying uninterrupted power to the state grid,” it added.
According to L.K. Gupta, joint managing director and CEO, JSW Energy, the commissioning of JSW Energy’s Ratnagiri power plant comes at a critical time when the country is facing a power shortage.
JSW Energy also resumed operations of the 270 MW Barmer power project in Rajasthan Oct 12.
The aggregate generation capacity of JSW Energy now stands at 2,330 MW, the company said.
At the Bombay stock exchange, the shares of the company were 2.6 percent up to trade at Rs.51.35.
- India's JSW Steel in multibillion Oz takeover bid - Oct 25, 2011
- Karnataka team in Delhi to ask for power - Oct 12, 2011
- Pakistan PM moves to fix power crisis - Jun 24, 2012
- Toshiba JSW to export power turbines, generators - Feb 12, 2012
- Telangana stir hits Karnataka's power supply - Sep 26, 2011
- Karnataka seeks more coal, power to stave off crisis - Oct 08, 2011
- Massive power cuts in Karnataka, Bangalore spared - Oct 10, 2011
- NTPC commissions first unit of Jhajjar plant for Games - Oct 11, 2010
- Essar commissions 2nd unit of Salaya power project in Gujarat - Jun 15, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- Goa lifts curbs on new commercial power connections - Mar 29, 2011
- NTPC adds 500 MW unit in Chhattisgarh - Nov 26, 2010
- No electricity, no vote: Nitish Kumar - Aug 15, 2012
- Coastal Energen looking to buy out Al Rostamani stakes - Jan 19, 2012
- BHEL sets up third gas turbine in Delhi power plant - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,