Journalist’s unattended car causes scare near home ministryJanuary 15th, 2009 - 11:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 15 (IANS) A scare was caused in the high-security North Block area here Thursday when a journalist wrongly parked his car, bearing a “For Sale” sticker, in a no parking zone in front of the home ministry office, officials said.Solomon Uri, a journalist with a Russian magazine, went inside the ministry office after parking his car at Rajpath around 3 p.m. Security agencies noticed the unattended metallic grey car.
A large number of gun-wielding policemen, both in uniform and civvies, gathered around the car and people kept at a safe distance away before Delhi Police towed away the vehicle.
Unaware of the security scare he had caused, Uri came out and was surprised not to find his car. “There was a policeman standing here when I parked the car. He did not stop me. I assumed that it was legal to park,” he told reporters.
A police official, who conducted the inquiry, told IANS that the journalist had parked the car unknowingly. “We have given him a clean chit after verifying everything.”
- Police placate diplomat who attacks cop - Oct 05, 2011
- Anna's stir and the media frenzy - Aug 25, 2011
- When Lindsay Lohan was threatened by fake gun on holiday - Nov 03, 2009
- Bank officer robbed of car, mobile in Chandigarh - Nov 20, 2010
- Unclaimed bag sparks bomb scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 16, 2011
- Unattended bags create security scare at Mumbai airport - Sep 10, 2011
- Punjab slapgate gets wider; protestors caned before Badal - Dec 07, 2011
- 'No parking' for Chandigarh freeloaders (Chandigarh Newsletter) - Jun 02, 2012
- CBI official detained for security breach - Oct 14, 2010
- Indian-origin tycoon penalised for dodging parking fees - Sep 10, 2011
- Traffic cop books legislator, summoned by house panel - Dec 19, 2011
- Meghalaya minister fined Rs.1,000 for illegal parking - Dec 15, 2011
- We're trying to protect India Gate, not restrict access: Delhi Police - Aug 28, 2012
- Two Taiwanese shot at Jama Masjid, man detained (Roundup) - Sep 19, 2010
- Uneasy quiet in Bhatta-Parsaul village (Lead, with image) - May 17, 2011