Journalists Nirupama, Vinita win Chameli Devi Jain Award (Lead)March 24th, 2009 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 24 (IANS) Nirupama Subramanian, Islamabad correspondent of The Hindu, and Vinita Deshmukh, editor of the Weekly Intelligent of Pune, will share the Chameli Devi Jain Award for Outstanding Woman Mediaperson for 2008-09, The Media Foundation announced Tuesday.
The awards will be presented at the Indian International Centre here Friday. This will be followed by a discussion on “Matching Television’s Growing Power with Corresponding Responsibility”.
The jury for the award comprised Nirija Gopal Jayal of the Centre for Law and Governance at the Jawaharlal Nehru University, Bhaskar Ghose, former CEO of Lok Sabha TV, and Raj Chengappa, Associate Editor of India Today.
- Nirupama Subramanian, Vinita Deshmukh share Chameli Devi Jain Award - Mar 24, 2009
- CSIR selects eleven scientists for Bhatnagar Award - Sep 26, 2009
- Meenal, Arantxa in National Billiards Final - Jan 25, 2012
- Hindu journalist wins first prize for Humanitarian Reporting - Oct 19, 2011
- IDSA invites nomination for Subrahmanyam award - Oct 12, 2011
- Slain Mumbai cop's wife to get transparency law award - Dec 21, 2010
- IGNOU-UNESCO Science Olympiad winners to be felicitated - Nov 11, 2010
- Honour for Nehru is honour for India: Manmohan Singh - Nov 20, 2011
- IIC, intellectual and culture hub, celebrates 50 years - Jan 22, 2012
- Dikshit honours Sharmila Tagore for contribution to Delhi's society - Apr 23, 2011
- Move over 'Sheila', 'Chikni chameli' is here - Dec 24, 2011
- Freedom fighter Jawaharlal Darda's widow dead - Jul 19, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh water board gets award - Oct 24, 2011
- 'Nehru's foreign policy needs to be revisited' (IANS Books) - Jun 17, 2012
- Trecia Smith of Jamaica gets David Dixon award (Lead) - Oct 14, 2010