Journalist’s murder: Top editors to meet Chavan TuesdayJune 20th, 2011 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 20 (IANS) A delegation of senior editors will call on Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan Tuesday to demand that the probe into senior journalist Jyotirmoy Dey’s killing be handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation, a journalist organisation said here.
The editors who are likely to attend the meeting with Chavan include: Shekhar Gupta, editor-in-chief of the Express Group, N. Ram, editor of The Hindu, Arnab Goswami, editor of Times Now, Rahul Joshi, executive editor of The Economic Times, Girish Kuber, editor of Loksatta, Aditya Sinha, editor of DNA and Sachin Kalbag, editor of Mid-Day, according to a statement by Mumbai Press Club.
The meeting with the chief minister would be followed by a public meeting at the Club premises, it said.
“The editors will discuss the issues raised with the Maharashtra government and steps necessary to ensure safety for media professionals,” the statement said.
“Doubts have been raised about the possible links between certain officers of the Mumbai Police and the underworld, and it is doubtful that the local police can do a neutral and efficient investigation that will unearth the plot to kill the senior journalist. Incidentally, the intervention petition filed by the Press Club and others will be heard by the Bombay High Court on Tuesday when these issues will be highlighted,” the statement added.
- Senior editors meet Chavan over scribe's murder - Jun 21, 2011
- Chavan rules out CBI probe, media threaten stir on scribe killing - Jun 13, 2011
- Mumbai media takes credit for arrest of Dey killers - Jun 28, 2011
- Slain journalist cremated in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Journalist's murder: Scribes on relay hunger strike - Jun 15, 2011
- Chavan reviews probe into journalist's murder - Jun 12, 2011
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Dey murder: Court seeks police report July 6 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Dey murder: Cops question man in jail - Jun 16, 2011
- Scribe's murder: Media mulls boycotting Chavan, Patil - Jun 16, 2011
- Gadkari demands CBI probe in journalist's murder - Jun 15, 2011
- Sketch of Dey's suspected killer released - Jun 14, 2011
- Journalist's murder: Police gets more time for probe report - Jun 21, 2011
- Journalists fast for CBI probe into Dey murder (Lead) - Jun 15, 2011
- Scribes condemn Mumbai journalist's murder - Jun 14, 2011
Tags: bombay high court, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, club premises, dey, doubts, economic times, executive editor, express group, hindu, joshi, journalist, maharashtra government, media professionals, mid day, mumbai police, ram editor, sachin, shekhar gupta, underworld