Journalist shot dead in PakistanAugust 15th, 2011 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 15 (IANS) A Pakistani journalist has been shot dead by unidentified men in Balochistan province, a media report said.
Munir Ahmed Shahkir, a senior journalist with “Waqt News” newspaper, was shot several times and rushed to a hospital where he succumbed to injuries Sunday, The Nation reported.
Witnesses told police the assailants were riding a motorbike and escaped.
The Balochistan Union of Journalists said 13 journalists have been killed in the province in the last three years.
Leading Pakistani journalist Saleem Shahzad was abducted from Islamabad in May and his body, bearing marks of torture, was found in Punjab province two days later.
- Abducted Pakistani journalist freed - Oct 13, 2011
- Zardari seeks probe into attack on journalist - Aug 23, 2011
- Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir to get security - Dec 23, 2011
- Tolerance of extremists detrimental to Pakistan: Daily - Jan 19, 2012
- Pakistani scribes demand clarification over killing - Aug 30, 2011
- Probe violence against journalists, UN to Pakistan - Aug 20, 2011
- US condemns Shahzad murder (Lead, changing dateline) - Jun 01, 2011
- Shahzad murder probe panel fails to get phone record - Jul 20, 2011
- Slain Pakistani journalist's widow records statement - Sep 21, 2011
- Pakistani journalist abducted by ISI? (Lead) - May 31, 2011
- Pakistani journalist in ISI custody: Rights body - May 31, 2011
- Pakistan trying to protect journalists: Minister - Jul 07, 2011
- Suspect in Shahzad murder held in Pakistani Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- `Pakistani journalist's killers wanted to set an example' - Jun 04, 2011
- Journalist beaten up in Pakistan - Jun 20, 2011