Journalist Bazlur Rahman deadFebruary 27th, 2008 - 3:25 pm ICT by admin
Dhaka, Feb 27 (IANS) Bazlur Rahman, former editor of the daily Sangbad and a freedom fighter, has died following a massive heart attack. He was 67.
Rahman’s wife Matia Chowdhury is a former minister and Awami League presidium member.
Rahman started his career as a reporter with the Sangbad in 1961. He also had a brief stint with the daily Ittefaq, The Daily Star newspaper said Wednesday.
He was once actively involved in politics as a member of the Communist Party of Bangladesh and of the National Awami Party (Mozaffar).
- Bangladesh set to review its constitution - Jul 21, 2010
- India only friend of Hasina government: Opposition leader - May 13, 2011
- Delhi wants Dhaka ties to reach 'highest possible peak' - May 06, 2011
- Bangladesh opposition defers protest on Hasina's India visit - Jan 16, 2010
- Sonia to meet Hasina during Bangladesh visit - Jul 20, 2011
- BNP protests court indictment of Ziaur Rahman - Mar 24, 2011
- India could never harbour Mujib's killers: Freedom fighter - Aug 15, 2010
- Hang Mujib killers, says Dhaka lawmaker - Dec 11, 2009
- Hasina visits Tripura Wednesday to commemorate history - Jan 10, 2012
- US scribe to depose on Dhaka trial he covered 35 years ago - Mar 14, 2011
- When a Bangladeshi judge set an example - Apr 03, 2012
- Bangladesh opposition leader to be arrested for war crimes - Mar 27, 2011
- Bangladesh opposition to stage countrywide rallies - Jul 26, 2011
- Bangladesh opposition leader faces trial for 'war crime' - Dec 30, 2010
- 40-year-old controversy over call for Bangladesh independence - Mar 27, 2011