Joshna wins NSC Super Satellite squashNovember 21st, 2008 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Nov 21(IANS) Joshna Chinappa from India claimed her second consecutive WISPA title when she defeated Malaysia’s Low Wee Wern 11-8, 11-7, 11-6, in the final of the NSC Super Satellite No.4 squash tournament at the National Squash Centre courts, Bukit Jalil, here Friday.Joshna, the 22-year old from Chennai and ranked No.39, had won her maiden WISPA tour title last week at the same venue to become the first Indian woman to do so.
The top seed in the just concluded tournament, Joshna, looking fitter and more focused than ever, was never in a spot against her third seeded opponent to emerge a convincing winner.
Joshna, who was ranked a career-high of 35 in May this year, plans to shift her base to England to train with Malcolm Willstrop, the noted coach.
Prior to her departure to Malaysia this month, Joshna trained at the ICL Academy here along with the top men’s players like National champion Saurav Ghosal.
“Her approach and attitude has undergone a sea change in the recent months. Joshna has been training really hard. I think, the stint at the ICL Academy has helped her a great deal. Hopefully, she will up her rankings as her goal is to eventually get into top-10 bracket at the earliest,” said Joshna’s father, Anjan Chinappa.
- Joshna in final of NSC Super Satellite squash - Nov 20, 2008
- Joshna enters WISPA Challenger squash final - Apr 22, 2011
- Asian Squash: Indian teams in semi-finals - May 04, 2012
- Urquhart tames Joshna to win WISPA Squash Championship - Apr 23, 2011
- Asian squash begins Saturday - Apr 30, 2010
- Dipika equals highest ranking by an Indian women squash player - Jan 03, 2011
- Ghosal is highest ranked Indian in World squash - Jun 02, 2010
- Joshna Chinappa in semis of NSC super Satellite squash - Nov 19, 2008
- India go down fighting to England in World Cup squash - Mar 08, 2011
- Ghosal lone Indian survivor in Chennai Open squash - Mar 04, 2010
- Ghosal trounces Frankcomb in Indian Challenger squash - Apr 14, 2010
- Anaka, Joshna enter semis in Chennai Open - May 24, 2012
- Ghosal goes down fighting in Punj Lloyd Squash - Dec 15, 2011
- Joshna, Anaka head Indian challenge in Chennai Open squash - May 19, 2012
- Winning start by Indian teams at Asian Squash - May 02, 2012