Joshi’s 2G scam report one-sided: SozMay 1st, 2011 - 6:54 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 1 (IANS) On the day senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Murli Manohar Joshi was re-appointed the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) chairman, Congress leader Saifuddin Soz Sunday termed his report on the 2G scam as “one-sided” and said it would not be accepted.
“The report was one-sided and it has been rejected by majority of the members of the panel, hence it would be consigned to oblivion,” Soz told media persons on the sidelines of a party function here.
On Friday, Joshi’s draft report on the allocation of 2G spectrum, indicting former communications minister A. Raja and indirectly criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, among others, for mishandling the spectrum allocation and causing thousands of crores of losses to the national exchequer, was blocked by 11 of the 21 members of the PAC belonging to the United Progressive Alliance constituents and supporting parties.
During the meeting at the Parliament House complex in New Delhi, Congress and DMK members, supported by the Samajwadi Party and Bahujan Samaj Party, moved a resolution that the draft report should be put to vote.
At this, Joshi got angry, abruptly adjourned the meeting and walked out. Joshi had support from members of the Shiv Sena, Janata Dal-United and the Biju Janata Dal.
The remaining 11 members then appointed Soz as the acting chairman to preside over the meeting.
In his capacity as the acting chairman, Soz got a resolution passed rejecting the report. He and the rest of the members then submitted the resolution rejecting the report and the written votes of 11 members to the speaker
However, Joshi also submitted his report to the speaker Saturday.
Soz said that the report should have been prepared with consensus. “This was not done,” he said.
- Joshi walks out of PAC meet, 'chief' Soz rejects 2G report (Second Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- PAC divided on 2G report, Joshi walks out (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Joshi reappointed PAC chief (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Joshi re-appointed PAC chief for one year - May 01, 2011
- Will comment on final PAC report: Karat - Aug 07, 2011
- Speaker Meira Kumar approves Joshi's reappointment as PAC chairperson - May 01, 2011
- Chaos in PAC meet, 'chief' Soz rejects 2G report (Roundup) - Apr 28, 2011
- Speaker snubs Joshi, returns PAC report critical of PM - Jun 14, 2011
- Congress declines comment on speaker's rejection of PAC report - Jun 14, 2011
- PAC report: Congress says it's motivated; BJP says nothing wrong (Third Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- Congress dares BJP to have a vote on PAC report - May 01, 2011
- Congress trying to stall PAC probe: BJP - Apr 28, 2011
- Hope speaker will accept PAC report: Joshi - Apr 30, 2011
- Congress slams reworked PAC report; BJP says nothing wrong (Second Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- 2G: Reworked PAC report sparks row, Montek defends PM (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, congress leader, crores, delhi congress, dmk members, draft report, manmohan singh, media persons, murli manohar joshi, pac chairman, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance, public accounts committee, saifuddin, Samajwadi Party, scam report, shiv sena, spectrum allocation