Jobless youth commits suicide in GhaziabadSeptember 17th, 2008 - 8:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, Sep 17 (IANS) A youth, jobless and depressed, committed suicide in Ghaziabad, police said Wednesday.Sachin, 22, hanged himself from a hook in the ceiling at his home in Nandgram locality Tuesday night, thought the incident came to light only on Wednesday morning.
He worked as marketing executive with a shop but was jobless for the last four months.
“He was depressed and stopped interacting with other members of the family and friends,” his father Kuldeep said.
“As he did not wake up in the morning, we peeped through a window and saw his body hanging from the hook fitted for the ceiling fan. We called police that broke open the door and took out the body,” added the father.
“It seems to be a case of depression caused by unemployment. Although he had not left any suicide note, the circumstances indicate that he took the extreme step due to unemployment,” said police inspector Mohan Lal of the Sihani Gate police station.
- Man commits suicide after being tortured - Jan 13, 2012
- Management student commits suicide - Aug 30, 2010
- Family of three commits suicide in Noida - Dec 27, 2011
- Management aspirant hangs self - Feb 16, 2011
- Two cop kids commit suicide in Ghaziabad - Oct 06, 2010
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- MCA student hangs himself after father's scolding - Sep 16, 2011
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Two men commit suicide in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Woman commits suicide - Mar 03, 2011
- MCA student commits suicide - Sep 10, 2010
- Rajasthan student commits suicide after harassment - Apr 20, 2012
- Software engineer, beautician commit suicide in Bhopal - Jan 27, 2012
- Mumbai police clueless over suicide at MLA's room - Sep 18, 2012
- Man hangs himself to death in Gurgaon - Jun 16, 2012