Jobless Pakistanis to get loan through lucky drawJanuary 27th, 2012 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 27 (IANS) Pakistan’s Sindh province will disburse interest-free loans to jobless youths through a draw of lots.
The Sindh government has provided Rs.12 billion to give interest-free loans of Rs.300,000 each to about 35,000 eligible youths, reported the daily Dawn.
President Asif Ali Zardari will make a computerised draw for recipients of the Waseela-i-Haq poverty alleviation programme.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah said that the scheme will generate economic activity.
He said Sindh had always had a high unemployment rate because of largely underdeveloped industrial and service sectors.
- Madhya Pradesh youth to get Youth Commission - Jan 13, 2012
- Rajasthan launches interest-free loan for farmers - Jul 22, 2012
- Amid monsoon worry, interest-free loan for Rajasthan farmers - Jul 29, 2012
- Cabinet releases Rs.10,091 crore for crop loan subsidies - Sep 06, 2012
- Sindh CM admits failure on flood victim protection policies - Aug 17, 2010
- Kerala to create 50,000 entrepreneurs - Jan 31, 2012
- Loan for Tirupur's effluent treatment plants - Dec 16, 2011
- Ramesh seeks PM's help to boost roads in Maoist-hit areas - Sep 14, 2011
- Maharashtra proposes interest-free crop loans - Mar 23, 2011
- Power cut in Sindh chief minister's house - Jul 04, 2011
- Sports ministry to CGOC: Give interest-free loan to weightlifting body - Aug 24, 2010
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
- Micro-financing empowers women in Jammu and Kashmir - Sep 09, 2012
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's birth anniversary programmes cancelled - Jan 05, 2011
- Pakistani provincial minister quits - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,