Jobless man commits suicide after wife’s desertionMay 24th, 2009 - 9:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) A 24-year-old man, who had lost his job and whose wife deserted him, allegedly committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree near his home here Sunday, police said.
The body of Manoj Kumar was found in the morning in Sector 12 of Dwarka.
“He (Kumar) used to work at a private hospital in Chankyapuri area but had recently lost his job,” a police officer said.
Kumar got married last year, but, according to police, there were frequent fights between the couple after he lost his job.
“Recently, his wife left him and started living with her parents house in Dwarka area.
“On Saturday, he came to meet his wife but failed to convince her. He then went to a park in Dwarka area where he allegedly hanged himself. A suicide note was recovered from him, but we are confirming whether it was written by him only,” the officer said.
- Delhi cop on shooting spree kills two, self (Lead) - Sep 20, 2012
- Railway employee commits suicide - Mar 11, 2012
- Metro employee commits suicide - Feb 02, 2012
- Man commits suicide after father's scolding - Jan 12, 2011
- Falak on ventilator again; Main accused, woman arrested (Second Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Four of a family commit suicide in Secunderabad - Jan 28, 2012
- Two people kill self in outer Delhi - Jan 29, 2011
- Jobless man commits suicide after wife leaves him - Feb 04, 2011
- Bihar man commits suicide after cow's death - Sep 15, 2011
- Jobless youth kills self - May 16, 2012
- Man 'tricks' girlfriend into committing suicide - Apr 18, 2011
- Man, mother commit suicide - Dec 11, 2011
- Man commits suicide in Delhi - Mar 03, 2011
- Another officer's suicide stuns colleagues in UP - Aug 03, 2012
- Retired IIT professor kills self in Delhi - Oct 22, 2011