Job fairs for people displaced by Narmada damsSeptember 12th, 2008 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, Sep 12 (IANS) A Narmada valley panel will organise job fairs with a view to provide employment to educated youth belonging to families displaced due to construction of various dams in the Narmada valley, official sources said Friday.”Private industries and other employment agencies will be invited to these job fairs to conduct interviews and provide jobs on the spot to candidates after evaluating their academic qualifications and expertise. Industries will also impart job training to the selected candidates,” said Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA) Vice-Chairman Pradeep Bhargava.
The decision was taken at a meeting chaired by NVDA Chairman Nagendra Singh.
These job fairs, Bhargava said, will be held at Jhabua, Alirajpur, Dhar, Badwani, Khargone, Khandwa, Dewas, Harda, Hoshangabad, Jabalpur, Mandla and Dindori districts.
NVDA also sanctioned Rs.4.2 million for an archaeological museum with a view to preserve the archaeological wealth of the Narmada valley.
- MP witnessing worst drought of the century: Shivaraj Singh Chouhan - Aug 19, 2009
- Lokayukta raids continue in Madhya Pradesh - Jan 19, 2012
- 1,124 couples plant trees in MP - Jul 19, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to drum up support for Narmada project - Dec 05, 2010
- Sardar Sarovar affected to be put up in camps during monsoon - Jun 16, 2008
- Madhya Pradesh's Alirajpur district has lowest literacy rate - Apr 01, 2011
- Thousands of tress felled in Madhya Pradesh - Feb 24, 2010
- Second phase of polls under way in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 30, 2009
- Former Bhopal cop loses government job over Anderson release - Jun 16, 2010
- Christians voice concern over Narmada Kumbh festival - Feb 08, 2011
- Four girls drown in Madhya Pradesh - Mar 22, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to launch health project for rural girls - Dec 22, 2010
- MP Government sacks former Bhopal SP from Narmada Authority - Jun 15, 2010
- Supreme Court refuses to revoke stay on Narmada canals projects - Dec 18, 2009
- Citing Japan, Indian villagers oppose nuclear plant - Apr 07, 2011