JJ Valaya couture collection mix of past designsJuly 23rd, 2011 - 1:26 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 22 (IANS) Unlike previous seasons, designer J.J. Valaya’s show on the opening day of Synergy1 Delhi Couture Week (DCW) was not upto expectation as his collection featured some of his past designs with a touch of his signature luxe.
The designer, who is known for grand sets and magnificent collection, chose to showcase the evolving palette of still image through his line titled “Tasveer”.
However, there were no big sets as Valaya opted for camera lenses in different sizes to do the talking as the back drop. The designer went for a music which was mix of drum beats and saxaphones to create the mood.
“I have always received great response from my clientele and with this couture line I am hopeful to make the list stronger. The collection depicts my favourite photography which has been converted into designs and garments,” said Valaya after the show.
The collection offered an assortment of saris,lehangas, anarkalis, and overcoats embellished in semi-precious stones, crystals and digital prints. The colour palette varied from black and white, sepia, red, green, magenta and silver in draped silhouettes.
The designer is known for using heavy accessories for his couture garments like head bands and belts and the same was seen this time as well leaving less scope for experimentation and freshness.
His favourite muse Sapna Kumar walked as a show stopper in heavily embroidered lehanga teamed up with saffron duppatta which was the only highpoint of the entire line.
- Embroidery, motifs dominate JJ Valaya's couture line (With Image) - Aug 09, 2012
- Meera-Muzzafar Ali introduce short dresses on the ramp - Jul 23, 2011
- Indian couture all about bridal wear: Manish Arora (With Image) - Aug 11, 2012
- I was skeptical about walking the ramp: Sharmila Tagore - Jul 25, 2011
- Manish wowed with his collection, B-town loved it too (With Images) - Aug 12, 2012
- DCW puts spotlight on opulence, grandeur and business (Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- JJ Valaya completes 20 years, rolls out vintage tour (With Images) - Apr 19, 2012
- Suneet Varma's Kamasutra collection fails to impress - Jul 24, 2011
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Madhuri Dixit turns 'devi' for Anju Modi - Aug 11, 2012
- Sridevi turns muse for Sabyasachi Mukherjee at DCW - Aug 13, 2012
- Buyers' resolute thumbs up to Delhi Couture Week (Review) - Jul 26, 2011
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- Walking the ramp is fun for me: Sharmila Tagore - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Kamasutra' collection by Suneet Verma - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: asian news, camera lenses, colour palette, couture collection, dcw, digital prints, drum beats, freshness, head bands, highpoint, j j valaya, magnificent collection, overcoats, saffron, sapna kumar, saxaphones, semi precious stones, show stopper, silhouettes, still image