‘Jism 2′ TV promos will be toned down: DinoJuly 2nd, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 2 (IANS) Actor-turned-producer Dino Morea says his forthcoming “Jism 2″ is an A-movie and he will launch its television promos Tuesday. The content will be a toned down as compared to the bold online version.
“The TV promos will be censored. We do respect the censor board. What we can’t release on TV, we are releasing online. With TV you don’t have a choice, but when you will go to see the film, you do have a choice to buy your tickets,” Dino, who is co-producing the film with Pooja Bhatt’s Fish Eye Network, told IANS.
“Yes, it is an A-film. We have asked for an A-certificate. The film is in the post production stage right now. The first promo of ‘Jism 2′ will be released on TV from tomorrow (Tuesday), a censored version. We are planning to release our first trailer with either ‘Bol Bachchan’ or ‘Cocktail’,” he added.
Directed by Pooja Bhatt, “Jism 2″, a sequel to 2003 release “Jism”, has Randeep Hood, Arunoday Singh and Sunny Leone in the cast and it is expected to scorch the screens with its steamy content when it hits screens Aug 3.
The first time producer Dino claims the response to online promos has been phenomenal.
“We released our first promo online on Friday and second promo just today (Monday) afternoon. We crossed million hits in 36 hours. The reviews are phenomenal so far.”
Always keen to try his hands in production, Dino approached Pooja, who directed him in “Holiday”.
“Pooja and I share a very good relationship…I always wanted to get into production. So I asked Pooja if I could co-produce ‘Jism 2′ with her. She happily agreed and that is how it happened,” the 37-year-old said.
Mahesh Bhatt, writer of “Jism 2″, feels the censored version for TV was necessary to meet the standards set by the censor board.
“Whenever we release any promos on TV, we need to meet the requirement of U/A certificate by the censor board. You have to alter your promos to meet the standards set by the censor board for TV. But there is no conflict on this.”
“So, basically the uncensored version will go online and a toned down, censored or acceptable version for all age (group) will go on TV. This is our double barrel market planning,” he added.
- 'Jism 2' cast collaborates with PETA - Jun 07, 2012
- Now Bollywood floats bold, uncut version online - Jul 13, 2012
- Pooja Bhatt wants 'Jism 2' to be her 'Arth' - Jul 28, 2012
- Only 'asexual' songs from 'Jism 2' on TV: Pooja Bhatt - Jun 27, 2012
- It's vacation time for Farhan Akhtar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 12, 2012
- Won't accept cuts that mutilate 'Jism 2': Pooja Bhatt (Movie Snippets) - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Jism 2' gets 'A' certificate - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Jism 2' for common man who understands erotica: Pooja - Jul 19, 2012
- Suspense over Sunny Leone starring in 'Jism 2' - Jan 16, 2012
- Dino Morea turns producer with 'Jism 2' - Feb 02, 2012
- For Pooja Bhatt, 'Jism 2' director-proof script (Movie Snippets) - Jun 10, 2012
- Gear up for romance, comedy, thriller this Friday (IANS Preview) - Jul 31, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- Censor beeps dialogue in 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer - Apr 03, 2012
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012