Jim Carrey’s ‘Yes Man’ tops US box officeDecember 22nd, 2008 - 1:20 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Dec 22 (DPA) Comedian Jim Carrey’s film “Yes Man” opened at the top of the US box office, beating Will Smith’s drama “Seven Pounds”.”Yes Man”, a comedy about a man who vows to say yes to everything asked of him, earned $1.2 million, studio figures showed Sunday.
“Seven Pounds”, which stars Smith as a tax agent trying to help seven people, brought in $16 million in its first weekend. In third place was an animated mouse in “The Tale of Despereaux”.
Bad weather across much of the country kept many movie goers at home, with the weekend bringing it $83 million compared to $154 million in the weekend before Christmas last year.
The science fiction remake “The Day The Earth Stood Still” fell from first place to fourth in its second weekend with $10.2 million.
The holiday comedy “Four Christmases” starring Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon rounded out the top five at $7.7 million. It has earned a total of $100 million.
- Jim Carreys Yes Man tops weekend box office - Dec 22, 2008
- Reese Witherspoons Four Christmases ends Bonds UK box office reign - Dec 03, 2008
- Low-key wedding for Witherspoon - Mar 20, 2011
- Keanu Reeves The Day the Earth Stood Still tops weekend box office - Dec 15, 2008
- ''Four Christmases'' tops box office for second week running - Dec 08, 2008
- 'Rio' tops Easter weekend box-office earnings - Apr 25, 2011
- Reese Witherspoon Announces Engagement To Jim Toth - Dec 29, 2010
- Jennifer Anistons Marley & Me tops box office for second week running - Jan 05, 2009
- Depp receives MTV Generation Award - Jun 05, 2012
- Reese Witherspoon To Play Late Jazz Singer Peggy Lee On Screen - Aug 11, 2010
- Jennifer Anistons Marley & Me tops weekend box office - Dec 29, 2008
- Phillippe delighted over Witherspoon's engagement - Dec 31, 2010
- Reese Witherspoons Four Christmases tops weekend box office - Dec 01, 2008
- Resse Witherspoon shows off her wedding ring - Apr 04, 2011
- US movie goers flock to Couples Retreat - Oct 12, 2009