Jilted lover throws acid on girl, familyFebruary 12th, 2011 - 8:09 pm ICT by IANS
Pratapgarh (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 12 (IANS) Angered by repeated rejections from a teenaged girl, a man barged into her home here and threw acid on the girl and two of her family members, police said Saturday. The condition of the victims is serious.Sattar, aged around 23 years, threw acid on the 16-year-old girl, her elder sister and brother-in-law in Kandhai area late Friday.
“He barged inside the girl’s home and threw acid on her. When the girl’s sister and brother-in-law came to rescue her, Sattar threw acid on them too and managed to escape,” Police Inspector V.D. Dubey told reporters in Pratapgarh, some 150 km from Lucknow.
“We managed to arrest Sattar today (Saturday) while he was planning to move out from Pratapgarh,” he added.
According to police, Sattar resorted to the acid attack after the girl repeatedly rejected his advances.
- MBA student set ablaze by spurned 'lover' - Apr 05, 2012
- In-laws booked for Mumbai triple suicide (Lead) - Mar 12, 2011
- Mumbai suicide victim's sister-in-law arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Woman fighting for life after acid attack - May 11, 2010
- Husband held in Mumbai woman's suicide case - Mar 15, 2011
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Man throws acid on family members, kills himself - Dec 28, 2010
- Woman kills children, hangs self in Delhi - May 26, 2012
- Woman jumps off Mumbai building with son, four held (Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Andhra girl dies in acid attack by jilted lover - Apr 11, 2010
- In-laws booked for Mumbai's triple-suicide case - Mar 12, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Toddler killed, body sent to parents after property row - Feb 03, 2011
- Janardhana Reddy's bail plea dismissed yet again - Jan 31, 2012