Jilted lover plans three crimes, kills friend for mobile phoneJuly 15th, 2011 - 11:04 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 15 (IANS) Infatuated in love, Bikramjit Singh conceived various levels of crime to get his former girlfriend back. First, he planned to eliminate the girl’s fiance for which he schemed to extort money from a businessman to buy a weapon and also get rich. Further, he decided to kill a friend for a mobile phone with which he would make the extortion call.
The 28-year-old managed to get the mobile phone after killing his friend and made the extortion call, but the crime-spree ended when he was arrested by police July 13.
Bikramjit Singh was in a relationship with one of his colleagues at Tata Consultancy Services. But around eight months back, she ditched him for another co-worker who earned more despite being Singh’s junior, said a police officer.
“This infuriated Singh who then decided to kill his girlfriends’ fiance who had gone to US on business and was to return in May,” the police officer said.
Needing money to procure a weapon and also to enhance his social status, he decided to extort money from a businessman residing in his locality of Pashchim Vihar, west Delhi.
However, unable to procure a sim card on a fake identity, he decided to kill Renu, a female friend, just to get her mobile phone.
In April, he contacted Renu, a resident of north Delhi who agreed to meet him but dropped the plan at the last moment.
Meanwhile, in June he came to know that the girl’s fiance would be returning in September instead of May and this time he decided to get the phone and eliminate Renu.
So he met her again July 7 and stabbed the mother of two to death at her residence and fled with her phone.
On the same day, Singh, claiming to be working for an underworld don, called up the businessman and demanded Rs.15 lakh or he would kill his son.
However, after some negotiation, the amount was settled at Rs.7 lakh.
Singh was arrested July 13 after police laid a trap near Gurudwara Bangla Sahib in central Delhi from where the accused was to collect the ransom.
After collecting the money, Singh drove out of the Gurudwara and was soon intercepted and arrested by the police.
- Management graduate held for Rs.1 crore extortion bid - Nov 22, 2011
- Two arrested in Delhi for killing elderly woman - Aug 16, 2012
- TV serial actor held for extortion bid - Feb 02, 2011
- Court acquits don Dawood Ibrahim's 'aide' - Apr 23, 2012
- Man held for making extortion call - Apr 19, 2012
- Relative held for extortion call - Jun 02, 2012
- Peon makes extortion calls, held - Sep 12, 2011
- Conman posing as Babbar Khalsa militant arrested - Dec 13, 2010
- Two held for extortion bid in capital - Jan 10, 2011
- Woman bank employee arrested for killing colleague - Jul 17, 2010
- GNLA chief arms procurer arrested in Meghalaya - Jun 20, 2012
- Jailor shot at, escapes unhurt - Jul 27, 2012
- Two held for making extortion calls - Apr 28, 2011
- Gurgaon cops arrest Delhi trader for extortion call - Apr 08, 2012
- Four Garo rebels arrested in Meghalaya - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: bangla sahib, businessman, central delhi, co worker, crime spree, eight months, extortion, fake identity, female friend, fiance, former girlfriend, infatuated, lakh, last moment, north delhi, police officer, sim card, tata consultancy services, three crimes, west delhi