Jilted lover kills girlJuly 7th, 2012 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 7 (IANS) Enraged by a 15-year-old girl’s repeated marriage refusals, a jilted teenager stabbed her to death in West Bengal’s Bankura district Saturday.
Partha Mandal, around 17 years of age, stabbed Samapti Mandal after she refused to marry him. He has been arrested, Superintendent of Police Pranav Kumar told IANS.
Samapti, a Class XI student, was returning home at Beliatore, 177 km from Kolkata, when Partha confronted her.
- Youth lynched for stabbing minor girl - Jun 24, 2011
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute - Feb 29, 2012
- Jilted lover kills girl in Bengal - Apr 08, 2012
- Another rape in Bengal, victim deaf and mute (Lead) - Feb 29, 2012
- Despite poverty, disability, these Bengal students shine - Jun 02, 2012
- Five Bengal girls fight child marriages - Dec 31, 2011
- Minor school girl raped in Bengal - Aug 03, 2012
- Girl goes to police against father - Mar 05, 2012
- 12 dead, 50 injured as bus overturns in Bengal (Lead) - May 16, 2011
- 14-year-old girl foils marriage attempt in Bengal - May 01, 2012
- Girl burnt to death for rejecting marriage proposal - Jul 24, 2011
- Girl student strip searched in Bengal, two teachers held - Aug 04, 2012
- Suspected Maoist linkman arrested - Aug 17, 2010
- West Bengal teacher strips girl in class - Jun 28, 2012
- Her husband tried to sell her for Rs.25,000 - Dec 16, 2010