Jilted lover commits suicide after stabbing woman to deathJune 3rd, 2009 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 3 (IANS) A 27-year-old jilted lover allegedly stabbed a married woman to death in broad daylight Wednesday before committing suicide at his house in west Delhi, police said.
Kishan Pal, who worked as a labourer in a tent house, stabbed Asha Devi, 32, in Jeevan Park area of Bindapur in southwest Delhi around 1.30 p.m., police said. Asha Devi worked as a domestic help in the nearby area of Janakpuri. She is survived by her husband and four children.
As police were investigating the murder — possibly due to illicit relations, they received information that a man in the same area had hanged himself from the ceiling fan in his house.
“We found a suicide note from Kishan Pal’s pocket saying that he had an affair with the woman but she was still loyal to her husband and was not leaving him. So he murdered her before hanging himself,” said a police officer.
Police said a case was registered and the matter was being investigated.
- Delhi housewife found murdered, husband missing - Apr 23, 2012
- Woman commits suicide - Mar 03, 2011
- Wife, paramour held for killing husband - Mar 30, 2011
- Two murders in Delhi within 12 hours - Jul 27, 2012
- Man stabs his sister on suspicion of witchcraft - Oct 01, 2011
- Landlady murdered, tenant found hanging - Dec 19, 2009
- Husband stabs wife after quarrel - Jan 05, 2011
- Army JCO's wife stabbed in robbery attempt - Aug 04, 2012
- MCD employee poisons relative, arrested - May 04, 2012
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Married woman found dead, parents suspect murder - Mar 08, 2011
- Woman kills three kids, commits suicide - Oct 19, 2011
- Woman, paramour held for sister-in law's murder - Feb 28, 2011
- Delhi doctor's body found hanging in house - Jul 21, 2012
- Police probe Bihar legislator's role in murder - Jul 11, 2011