Jigisha murder accused decline to face identification parade

March 27th, 2009 - 10:48 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, March 27 (IANS) The three men accused in the murder case of call centre executive Jigisha Ghosh Friday refused to undergo a test identification parade (TIP), the police said.
The police said they will seek the custody of the accused from a city court Saturday.

While addressing reporters, Deputy Commissioner of Police (South District) H.G.S. Dhaliwal said: “The trio have refused to undergo the test identification parade, and we will now ask the court for their police custody to establish their involvement in the murder of Ghosh.”

Dhaliwal said the refusal of the accused to go for the TIP will eventually go against them.

Earlier this week, a city court sent the three accused men - Ravi Kapoor, Amit Kumar Shukla, and Baljeet Malik - to judicial custody and Metropolitan Magistrate Veena Rani had fixed March 27 for conducting the TIP.

Another member of the gang, Vijay Kumar, was also arrested for his alleged involvement in the murder of TV journalist, Soumya Viswanthan.

Ghosh was allegedly kidnapped on the intervening night of March 17-18 from outside her residence in Vasant Vihar. They smothered her to death and later, the body was dumped in Surajkund in Haryana.

The gang allegedly withdrew Rs.25,000 using her ATM besides purchasing expensive shoes, watches and other items from shops in Sarojini Nagar market.

The police had earlier found the gang was involved in two cases of carjacking and robbery, and killing TV journalist Soumya Viswanthan.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe