Jhulan Goswami to captain India in women’s World Cup cricketFebruary 1st, 2009 - 11:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 1 (IANS) Fast bowler Jhulan Goswami will captain India at the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) Women’s World Cup in March in Australia.The selection committee announced a 15-member squad here Sunday. Amita Sharma has been named the vice-captain.
Team: Jhulan Goswami(captain), Amita Sharma (vice-captain) Mithali Raj, Rumeli Dhar, Priyanka Roy, M.D. Thirushkamini, Poonam Raut, Harman Preeth Kaur, Anjum Chopra, Sulakshana Naik (wicket-keeper), Anaga Deshpande (wicket-keeper), Reema Malhotra, Snehal Pradhan, Gohar Sultana, Shranvanthi Naidu.
Stand Byes: Diana David, Latika Kumari, Swaroopa Kadam, Pallavi Bharadwaj.
Coach: Sudha Shah
- Jhulan to lead India in first two ODIs against England - Feb 15, 2010
- Goswami to lead Indian women's cricket team in Quadrangular series - Jun 04, 2011
- Anjum to lead Indian women's team in home series against Australia - Mar 05, 2012
- Jhulan to lead women's cricket team in World T20 - Apr 28, 2009
- Vinay Kumar lone new face in T20 World Cup squad (Lead) - Mar 26, 2010
- Mithali to lead India in women's Asian Cup cricket - Apr 05, 2008
- Cricket is not a man's game: Rani Mukherjee - Aug 06, 2010
- Top performers named in provisional squads for ICC Womens World Cup 2009 - Jan 13, 2009
- North top, Central second in women's national cricket - Dec 07, 2011
- Struggles, triumphs of Indian women cricketers in docu-drama - Aug 03, 2010
- Final Scoreboard: India vs. New Zealand, Super Six, Women's World Cup - Mar 17, 2009
- Womens cricket team to tour England - Jul 30, 2008
- Indian eve cricketers to train at Australia's Centre for Excellence - Jul 08, 2008
- Indian women lose to Australia in Twenty20 semi-finals - May 14, 2010
- India beat Australia to finish third in women's World Cup - Mar 21, 2009