Jharkhand top cop’s daughter injured in accidentAugust 4th, 2008 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Aug 4 (IANS) Jharkhand’s additional director general of police (ADGP) Jagdish Raj’s daughjter, studying here, was seriously injured in an accident here Monday. “Shruti Raj was driving a car when she lost control over it and hit head on with a stationary bus in Sector 11,” police officer Jai Bhagwan told IANS.
She suffered head injury and some bruises on legs and was taken to Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, the police said.
Shruti stays in a paying guest accommodation in Sector 9 in Chandigarh and studies in a city college, said the police official.
Ranvir Singh, the driver of the bus, said: “I had stopped at the bus stop to board the passengers. I was looking on the other side and suddenly heard a deafening sound, the car had hit the bus with so much force that that many passengers fell off from their seats due to the impact.”
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Honest Punjab cop returns lost purse to driver - Dec 20, 2010
- 4 killed, 10 injured in Bikaner road accident - Apr 26, 2012
- Haryana health minister among six injured in accident - Jul 09, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Mumbai woman killed in US bus accudent - Aug 04, 2012
- 33 dead in Pakistan collision (Second Lead) - Jan 23, 2011
- Constable killed in accidental firing in Jharkhand - Nov 06, 2010
- Seven killed in UP bus-car smash - Jul 09, 2012
- Two killed in hospital firing, cops suspect business enmity (Second Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- 23 killed as tempo rams into mini-buses (Second Lead) - May 28, 2012