Jharkhand students perform poorly in class 12 examsMay 30th, 2009 - 10:23 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 30 (IANS) Science students in Jharkhand have performed poorly in the state board’s class 12 exams, the results of which were announced Saturday.
The pass percentage in science subjects was only 50.35 percent, down from more than 70 percent in 2008. However, in commerce, the pass percentage was nearly 78 per cent, the Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) said.
The results of the arts papers will be announced later.
In the science stream, 56,897 students appeared but only 28,767 passed. The pass percentage of girl students was 49.75 percent.
In the commerce stream, 21,097 students of the 27,634 who had appeared passed the examination.
This year, students performed poorly in both the class 10 and 12 exams in the state. In the secondary examination this year, the pass percentage had declined to 77.82 from last year’s 86.99 percent.
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Jharkhand Class 12 students seek re-evaluation - Jun 15, 2011
- CBSE toppers euphoric, credit parents and teachers - May 28, 2012
- Jharkhand girl ends life after failing intermediate exam - Jun 13, 2011
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper (Lead) - May 29, 2012
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Nothing impossible for a determined man: CBSE topper (Second Lead) - May 29, 2012
- Girls outshine boys in ICSE results - May 17, 2011
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Nothing impossible if one is determined: CBSE topper - May 29, 2012
- Girls outshine boys in Uttar Pradesh Class 10 results - Jun 10, 2011
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys in foreign centres - May 23, 2011
- Pass percentage in Jharkhand secondary exam dips - May 09, 2009
- Court notice to Delhi school on student's plea - Jul 10, 2011
- 108 jailbirds clear secondary exams in Bengal - May 29, 2012