Jharkhand police foil blast, recover 40-kg IEDFebruary 15th, 2009 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 15 (IANS) The Jharkhand police foiled a huge blast in Khuti district of the state, recovering 40 kg of improvised explosive device (IED) planted on a road, the police said Sunday.
According to the police, a police team on a long-range patrol Saturday night, got a tip off that a “landmine” had been planted on the road between Barnghada and Kurkud in Khuti district, around 70 km from Ranchi.
The police team dug up the road and unearthed a 40-kg IED with wires attached to it.
In Jharkhand, Maoist rebels are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state. More than 1,450 people have been killed in Maoist-related violence in the past eight years.
- 40 KG IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 03, 2012
- Three landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Mar 17, 2011
- Maoist held, bomb defused in Jharkhand - May 28, 2011
- Seven Maoists arrested, landmine recovered - Mar 03, 2012
- 26-kg landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 16, 2010
- Five Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - Jan 28, 2012
- 50 kg IED recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 04, 2011
- Landmine recovered, truck torched in Jharkhand - Jun 03, 2011
- Five explosive devices recovered in Jharkhand - Aug 15, 2010
- Two Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jul 15, 2010
- Five landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 16, 2011
- 40 kg landmine found in Jharkhand - Dec 21, 2010
- 40 kg bomb, four landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Jan 27, 2011
- CRPF trooper hurt, eight landmines found in Jharkhand - Aug 03, 2012
- Landmine recovered in Jharkhand - Dec 23, 2010