Jharkhand offers cash rewards for 10 Maoists’ captureMay 29th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, May 29 (IANS) The Jharkhand government has announced cash rewards of Rs.3 lakh to Rs.5 lakh on the heads of ten Maoist guerrillas operating in the state, said an official Tuesday.
“Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has given his approval for the reward money on the heads of ten Maoists. The home department had sent a proposal for the chief minister’s approval. The ten Maoists are wanted for terror activities, including killing, extortion and other charges,” an official of the Jharkhand home department told IANS, but declined to be named.
All the ten Maoist guerrillas belong to the outlawed CPI-Maoist.
The special branch (state intelligence) of the state government had proposed to the state home department cash rewards for information leading to arrest or capture of the 10 Maoists. The home department sought final approval of the chief minister on the proposal.
The ten Maoists include zonal commanders Sushil Bhuiya and Indel Yadav. The state government has put a reward of Rs.5 lakh on each on them. Three others are sub-zonal commanders - Satyendra Paswan, Pramod Paswan and Vinod Yadav. The state government has put rewards of Rs.3 lakh on each of the sub-zonal commanders.
In the past, the state government put cash rewards on the heads of more than 40 Maoists.
Maoists are active in 18 of the 24 districts of the state.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Five Maoists held in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2011
- Maoist regional commander killed in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2012
- Maoist commander surrenders in Jharkhand - Aug 23, 2010
- Four Maoists held in Jharkhand - Nov 09, 2011
- Three Maoists killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Jan 09, 2011
- Police kill nine suspected Maoists in Jharkhand (Lead) - Jan 28, 2011
- Police arrest two Maoist leaders in Jharkhand - Jun 27, 2010
- Two Maoists surrender in Jharkhand - May 21, 2011
- Maoist commander arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 26, 2010
- Maoist held while campaigning for wife in Jharkhand - Dec 08, 2010
- Three Maoists arrested, one surrenders (Lead) - Mar 09, 2010
- Maoist leader arrested in Uttar Pradesh - May 25, 2012
- Three Maoists arrested - Mar 09, 2010
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Five Maoist rebels arrested in Jharkhand - Sep 29, 2009
Tags: arjun munda, asian news, cash rewards, chief minister, CPI, extortion, final approval, indel, indo, jharkhand government, lakh, maoist, maoist guerrillas, maoists, reward money, rg, state government, state intelligence, terror activities, vinod