Jharkhand High Court rejects Raj Thackeray’s case transfer pleaDecember 22nd, 2008 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Dec 22 (IANS) The Jharkhand High Court Monday turned down Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray’s plea to transfer the case against him from Jamshedpur to Mumbai, and asked him to appear in before the court within 20 days. A single-judge bench of Justice D.K.Sinha announced the ruling on the MNS chief’s petition Monday. Hearing the petition for transfer of cases pending against him in Jamshedpur court to Mumbai last month, the high court had reserved the judgment.
Two arrest warrants issued by two courts of Jamshedpur are pending against Raj Thackeray.
The first case against the MNS chief, for hurting sentiments of North Indians, was filed by lawyer Sudhir Kumar Pappu in Sonari police station of Jamshedpur Mar 11 last year. As the police did not take any action, Pappu then moved the chief judicial magistrate’s court in Jamshedpur two days later.
The second case was filed by another lawyer of Jamshedpur, Hamid Raza, Feb 2 this year. According to him, Raj Thackarey had insulted religious sentiments by his remarks on the Chhath Puja Jan 30 this year, and they had also led to violence against members of the North Indian community.
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Jharkhand court warns Raj Thackeray about seizure of property - Feb 18, 2009
- Thackeray asked to appear before Jamshedpur court by Dec 18 - Dec 01, 2008
- Jharkhand court rejects Raj Thackeray plea - Nov 19, 2008
- Bihar court issues non-bailable warrant against Raj Thackeray - Dec 03, 2009
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray's appeal deferred till Nov 14 - Oct 25, 2008
- Jamshedpur court seeks clarification on Thackeray warrant - Nov 17, 2008
- Raj Thackeray gets bail in rioting cases, hours after surrender - Feb 25, 2010
- Raj Thackeray threatens to shut Hindi channels misquoting him - Sep 02, 2012
- Raj Thackeray warns of riots over anti-Marathi remarks - Nov 03, 2011
- Raj Thackeray secures bail after arrest (Lead) - Nov 15, 2008
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012