Jharkhand governor sends report on state’s political scenarioJanuary 16th, 2009 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 16 (IANS) Jharkhand Governor Syed Sibte Razi Friday sent a detailed report to central government on the political scenario in the state after Chief Minister Shibu Soren resigned Jan 12. According to sources in the governor’s house, Razi has apprised the central government of the political scenario in the state, also mentioning the failure of the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) to come up with the name of the next chief minister.
In his report, the governor has also mentioned the view of various political parties in the state. The sources said that it was now up to central government to decide what to do in the state, adding Razi had expressed unhappiness over the current scenario in the state.
The Jharkhand unit of the Congress, a key component of the ruling UPA coalition, Friday said the state was inching towards president’s rule, while earlier in the day the opposition Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) staged a demonstration outside the governor’s house to demand central rule and fresh elections in the state.
Soren resigned Monday under pressure of the UPA leaders after he lost Tamar assembly byelection last week, failing in his bid to become a member of the state legislature within six months as required by the constitution. He took over as chief minister August 27 last year.
Following his resignation, the state plunged into a political crisis as the UPA failed to unanimously decide on his successor.
- Governor sends report on Jharkhand political crisis (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Cabinet recommends president's rule in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2009
- Jharkhand Governor reviews situation after president's rule approved - Jan 19, 2009
- BJP demands president's rule in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2009
- Soren has a history of not quitting easily - May 04, 2010
- BJP demands president's rule in Jharkhand - Jan 09, 2009
- President's rule in Jharkhand, opposition unhappy (Roundup) - Jan 19, 2009
- Soren in Ranchi hospital after chest pain - Jan 13, 2009
- Union Cabinet decides to extend President's rule in Jharkhand - Jul 02, 2009
- Soren quits as chief minister, wants nominee to succeed him (Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Soren flays Lalu for ruling out alternative Jharkhand government - Feb 01, 2009
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren resigns - Jan 12, 2009
- Soren quits as chief minister, wants nominee as successor (Second Lead) - Jan 12, 2009
- Poll results to decide Jharkhand's political future - May 15, 2009
- President's Rule to be revoked in Jharkhand - Dec 27, 2009