Jharkhand Governor reviews situation after president’s rule approvedJanuary 19th, 2009 - 5:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 19 (IANS) Jharkhand governor Syed Sibte Razi Monday reviewed the situation in the state with top government and police officials after the central cabinet approved imposition of president’s rule in the state. According to an official in governor house, the Razi summoned state Chief Secretary A.K. Basu and Director General of Police (DGP) V.D. Ram and took stock of the situation in the state.
“The chief secretary and DGP apprised the governor about the law and order situation and development work going on in the state. The chief secretary also apprised the governor about the strike of state employees and junior doctors of Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS),”the official told IANS.
According to sources, the governor directed the chief secretary to hold talks with the striking personnel to end the strike. Razi also expressed concern about the law and order situation.
The central cabinet earlier Monday approved the governor’s recommendation to impose president’s rule in the state as the ruling United Progressive Alliance (UPA) did not put forward any alternative leader to head the government following the resignation of Chief Minister Shibu Soren.
The political uncertainty in the state began Jan 8 after Soren lost the key Tamar assembly byelection.
- President's rule in Jharkhand, opposition unhappy (Roundup) - Jan 19, 2009
- Cabinet recommends president's rule in Jharkhand - Jan 19, 2009
- Court petition against former Jharkhand governor - Dec 17, 2009
- Union Cabinet decides to extend President's rule in Jharkhand - Jul 02, 2009
- Grateful Jharkhand gives Shibu Soren house for life - Nov 25, 2010
- Jharkhand put under president's rule again (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2010
- President's rule revoked in Jharkhand - Dec 29, 2009
- Governor sends report on Jharkhand political crisis (Lead) - Jan 17, 2009
- Political parties in Jharkhand welcome president's rule - Jan 19, 2009
- Jharkhand Chief Minister Shibu Soren resigns - Jan 12, 2009
- Jharkhand governor sends report on state's political scenario - Jan 16, 2009
- BJP demands probe in Razi's role during central rule in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2009
- Tea, lunch parties to keep legislators together in Jharkhand - Sep 08, 2010
- Cabinet approves revocation of President's rule in Jharkhand - Sep 09, 2010
- Munda may be invited to form government Wednesday evening - Sep 08, 2010