Jharkhand governor asks police to tighten securityMarch 15th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 15 (IANS) A day after a businessman was killed in the heart of this state capital, Jharkhand governor Syed Sibte Razi directed the police chief to improve the law and order situation in the state.
Razi held a meeting Sunday with his advisors and state police chief V.D. Ram to review the law and order situation.
“Police should be more active in the state and ensure protection to people. We hope Saturday incident would not repeat in the state,” Razi told reporters here.
A businessman, Raju Dhanuka, was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Ranchi Saturday afternoon. He was rushed to a hospital where doctors pronounced him dead. Three businessmen have been killed in Ranchi this month.
State police chief Ram said: “The governor has expressed concern over the Saturday incident. We have arrested one person in connection with murder of Dhanuka.”
- Jharkhand governor orders CBI probe into trader's murder - May 14, 2009
- Jharkhand traders protest rising crime rate - Mar 16, 2009
- Jharkhand capital Ranchi turning into crime capital? - Jun 16, 2009
- Businessman shot dead in Patna - Mar 03, 2012
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- Jharkhand Governor reviews situation after president's rule approved - Jan 19, 2009
- BJP demands probe in Razi's role during central rule in Jharkhand - Jul 20, 2009
- Businessman shot dead in Assam's Kokrajhar - Aug 17, 2012
- Senior Reliance Power official shot in Jharkhand (Lead) - Apr 06, 2011
- Ranvir Sena chief shot dead; Bihar put on alert (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Man killed, beheaded in Ranchi - Sep 11, 2012
- Russian investigator survives murder attempt - Jun 03, 2012
- Nine killed in communal clashes in Assam's Kokrajhar - Jul 21, 2012
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Orissa legislator killed by suspected Maoists - Sep 24, 2011