Jharkhand government criticised for not enticing Tatas enoughOctober 6th, 2008 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Oct 6 (IANS) The opposition in Jharkhand has criticised the government for not doing enough to convince Tata Motors to shift the Nano project to the state.On taking over as chief minister of the state on Aug 27, Shibu Soren said: “Tatas are Jharkhandis and should shift their project here.”
Deputy Chief Minister Sudhir Mahto had also invited Tata Motors to shift the project to Jharkhand.
However, the Tatas are exploring sites for setting up the Nano plant in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
“A public statement is not enough to invite Tata to Jharkhand. Government officials, led by the chief minister, should have held talks with the Tata authorities,” Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislator C.P. Singh said.
“Shibu Soren is not serious about the industrial growth of the state,” he added.
A legislator of the Congress party, which is a key partner of the Shibu Soren government, said: “Tata should be invited in true spirit. Many state governments have invited Tata and Soren should be prompt to grab the Nano project of Tata by convincing its authorities”.
The Tatas have two huge plants in Jharkhand - for Tata Steel and Tata Motors.
- Four JMM legislators boycott legislative party meeting - Oct 19, 2011
- Jharkand legislator dies of heart attack - Sep 27, 2011
- Kishenji's death not good for country: Shibu Soren - Dec 02, 2011
- Jharkhand leaders violate land law? - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Files pending as Jharkhand top brass focuses on by-poll' - Jun 28, 2011
- Jharkhand political drama shifts to New Delhi - May 01, 2010
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Sorens ignored at National Games: JMM - Feb 15, 2011
- Soren rejects Munda's plea, JMM joins Jamshedpur by-poll (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Arjun Munda wins trust vote (Lead) - Sep 14, 2010
- Mamata government tables Singur bill - Jun 14, 2011
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Shibu Soren, 11 Jharkhand lawmakers sworn in (Lead) - Aug 27, 2008
- BJP backs JMM in bypoll, JD-U miffed - Nov 21, 2011
- Soren may find it tough winning trust vote - May 28, 2010