Jharkhand girl ends life after failing intermediate examJune 13th, 2011 - 9:22 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 13 (IANS) A girl committed suicide after failing the 2011 Intermediate examination in Jharkhand Monday, the fourth such case so far since the results were declared Friday.
Soni Kumari, a resident of Dhanbad district, Monday hanged herself from the ceiling fan at home. Her suicide note said that her poor results forced her to take the extreme step.
Soni is the fourth girl to commit suicide over the Intermediate examination results.
The 2011 Intermediate results announced Friday were the worst in the last six years in the state.
Around 42.3 percent students passed the examination. The worst sufferers were students of science stream. In science. only 28 percent passed the examination. In the commerce and arts, 42.44 and 52.66 percent students passed the examination.
Jharkhand Human Resource Development Minister Baidnath Ram’s son Prabhat and daughter Poonam, students of Doranda College in Ranchi, failed in the examination. Prabhat and Poonam secured only 139 and 134 out of 500 marks in their Intermediate examinations. Both were commerce students.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has sought a detailed report about the poor results from the chief secretary and the HRD ministry secretary.
- Jharkhand minister's children fail again in plus-2 exam - Jun 01, 2012
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Jharkhand Class 12 students seek re-evaluation - Jun 15, 2011
- About 70 percent pass Jharkhand secondary board exams - May 31, 2011
- 67 percent pass Jharkhand matric exam - May 10, 2012
- A Jharkhand school where all students failed in board exams - Jun 02, 2011
- Jharkhand students perform poorly in class 12 exams - May 30, 2009
- 42 percent polling in Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Spurned lover who beheaded girl spared the gallows - Sep 11, 2012
- Engineering student commits suicide - Mar 09, 2011
- 12 officials get five years' jail in fodder scam case - Dec 02, 2010
- Girls top UP Class 12 exams - Jun 05, 2012
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- Youth sentenced to death for beheading girl - May 02, 2012
- 4 to 7 years' jail for 40 convicted in fodder scam case - May 07, 2012
Tags: ceiling fan, chief minister, chief secretary, commerce students, committed suicide, development minister, dhanbad, examination results, extreme step, hrd ministry, human resource development, intermediate examination, intermediate examinations, intermediate results, ministry secretary, munda, prabhat, science stream, soni, suicide note