Jharkhand court rejects Raj Thackeray pleaNovember 19th, 2008 - 6:21 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Nov 19 (IANS) A Jharkhand court Wednesday directed Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to appear before it on Nov 28, rejecting his plea for exemption from personal appearance. “The court rejected Raj Thackeray’s plea seeking exemption from personal appearance and directed him to appear in the court on Nov 28″, Jamshedpur lawyer Sudhir Kumar Pappu, who had filed a case against the MNS chief in a local court, told IANS over telephone.
Pappu had filed a case in Sonari police station of the district on March 11 last year. When the police did not take any action, he then moved the Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) in Jamshedpur March 13.
The CJM’s court had taken cognisance of the complaint April 19 and directed Raj to appear in the court. When he did not comply with the direction, the court had issued an arrest warrant against him in May last year.
The MNS chief then approached the Supreme Court in May last year requesting it to transfer his case from Jamshedpur to Maharashtra, but was told to approach the Jharkhand High Court.
However, he did also did not get any relief from this quarter and Jharkhand HC April 2008 had asked the MNS chief to appear before the Jamshedpur court by June 12.
However, Raj did not appear in the court that time also and a bailable warrant was issued against him June 12 by Judicial Magistrate, Anil Kumar.
Another warrant issued by a different Jamshedpur court is pending against Raj Thackeray. The second case in judicial magistrate A. K. Tewary, relates to complaint filed by another lawyer, Hamid Raza.
The court Monday sought a report on the execution of arrest warrant from Mumbai police. It has also rejected Raj’s plea seeking exemption from personal appearance.
The next hearing in this case will take place Dec 1.
- Jharkhand High Court rejects Raj Thackeray's case transfer plea - Dec 22, 2008
- Two arrest warrants pending against Raj Thackeray in Jharkhand - Oct 21, 2008
- Court seeks report on plea against Raj Thackeray - Sep 13, 2012
- Raj Thackeray arrested after surrender in Mumbai court - Nov 15, 2008
- Jharkhand court issues notice on Raj Thackeray - Feb 18, 2009
- Court issues warrant against Raj Thackeray - Jun 13, 2008
- Delhi court issues summons against Raj Thackeray - Aug 30, 2012
- Jharkhand court warns Raj Thackeray about seizure of property - Feb 18, 2009
- Jamshedpur court seeks clarification on Thackeray warrant - Nov 17, 2008
- Aarushi case: Rajesh Talwar moves Allahabad HC challenging bailable warrant - Mar 10, 2011
- Court offers relief to Gujarat police officer - Mar 22, 2011
- Jharkhand High Court to hear Raj Thackeray''s petition - Nov 14, 2008
- Court sends Shibu Soren's brother to judicial custody - Feb 10, 2010
- Enforce noise laws during polls, Prithviraj Chavan urged - Feb 04, 2012
- Aarushi case: Ghaziabad court issues warrants against Talwars - Feb 28, 2011