Jharkhand cop insults judge, sent for mental check-upFebruary 22nd, 2008 - 8:35 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, Feb 22 (IANS) A police officer in Jharkhand, Nirmala Chaudhary, was Friday sent for a mental check-up after she allegedly insulted a judge by branding him a Maoist leader and threw his belongings out of his room at a guest house here. Chaudhary, an inspector general of police in the vigilance department of Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB), and her security personnel had Thursday evening forcefully entered the room of B. Venkateshwar Rao, a judge staying in Khukri guest house here.
She insulted and branded Rao as a Maoist leader and threw his belongings out of the room in the guest house. Rao is at present a judge with the Central Administrative Tribunal in Bangalore.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Madhu Koda has asked state police chief V.D. Ram to submit a report on the matter. Ram suspended seven policemen who helped Chaudhary throw the judge’s belongings out of his room.
Chaudhary has now been sent to the Ranchi Institute of Neuro and Applied Science for a check-up.
“The woman is not mentally sound. She is behaving abnormally and that is why she was sent for a mental check-up,” a police official said.
Chaudhary had three days ago sought protection as she claimed to have received threatening calls and SMSs from the underworld.
Her husband, Amitabh Chaudhary, an inspector general with the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), is also facing troubled times.
The home department has recommended his suspension for violating service rules as he sought the prosecution of state chief secretary P.P. Sharma on corruption charges.
- Jharkhand top cop sentenced for assault on judge (Lead) - May 19, 2011
- Jharkhand top cop sentenced for assaulting ex-judge - May 19, 2011
- Two CRPF men killed, 5 injured in Maoist ambush - Jul 23, 2012
- Four Maoists arrested in Jharkhand (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Maoist strategist held in Bengal (Third Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Two Maoists arrested - Feb 09, 2012
- Wives of Andhra cops protest against officers - Aug 05, 2012
- Jharkhand offers cash rewards for 10 Maoists' capture - May 29, 2012
- Injured Munda discharging duties from bed - Jun 04, 2012
- Court acquits 12 of killing 13 Jharkhand cops - May 21, 2012
- One killed in Jharkhand Maoist attack - Feb 23, 2012
- Jharkhand electricity board reconstituted - Sep 04, 2010
- Police sub-inspector killed in Jharkhand gunfight - Sep 10, 2010
- Two Maoists arrested in Jharkhand - Oct 14, 2011
- Koda waived off aide's Rs.10 crore power bill: CBI source - Jun 03, 2011