Jharkhand Class 12 students seek re-evaluationJune 15th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 15 (IANS) Hundreds of Class 12 students here Wednesday demanded re-evaluation of the answer sheets they wrote for their annual examinations in which just 42.3 percent students secured passing marks.
The angry students also locked the main gate of the Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) office here.
Five Class 12 students have committed suicide in the state since the results were announced June 10.
In the science stream, just 28 percent students cleared the exam. Surprisingly, many of these students have cleared entrance tests for prestigious medical and engineering institutions, including the Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE).
“Despite the fact that I appeared in the practical examination, I have been shown absent and failed,” said Reema Kumari, who has cleared a medical entrance examination.
In commerce and arts streams, only 42.44 and 52.66 percent, respectively, of students have passed the examination.
Interestingly, the state’s Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Baidnath Ram’s son and daughter too have failed in the exams.
Jharkhand students’ performance has been poor in the last couple of years. Last year, the pass percentage was 50.36.
However, this year’s results have put the state government in a spot.
Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has sought a detailed report from the chief secretary and HRD secretary.
The JAC is mulling a change in the examination pattern. JAC officials blame the subjective questions for the poor results.
“We are reviewing the poor results,” JAC chairman Laxmi Singh said. He is, however, against re-evaluation of the answer sheets.
- Two Class 12 girls commit suicide - Jun 11, 2011
- Jharkhand girl ends life after failing intermediate exam - Jun 13, 2011
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- Jharkhand minister's children fail again in plus-2 exam - Jun 01, 2012
- 4.85 lakh students appear for IIT entrance exam - Apr 10, 2011
- 12-year-old Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE - May 29, 2012
- IIT JEE results declared - May 25, 2011
- Court tells exam board to re-evaluate marks promptly (Lead) - Mar 16, 2011
- 'India should have single engineering entrance exam' - Apr 25, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
- 500,000 students take IIT-JEE exam across India - Apr 08, 2012
- Hyderabad boy tops IIT-JEE (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- A Jharkhand school where all students failed in board exams - Jun 02, 2011
- IIT Kanpur revolts, to hold separate entrance exam - Jun 08, 2012
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,