Jharkhand builder detained for shoe baron’s murderJune 25th, 2008 - 8:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 25 (IANS) The police in Jharkhand have detained a builder for questioning in the murder of Sreeleather shoe company co-owner Ashish Dey last year, a police official said here Wednesday. The police official did not reveal the identity of the builder. “We have detained a builder and are interrogating him for his role in the murder of Ashish Dey. We may arrest him if we get any vital clues,” said the police official.
Dey was killed Nov 2 by unidentified people when he was on way to his office in Jamshedpur.
Family sources said Dey, who was a co-owner of Rs.1 billion footwear and accessories major Sreeleather, had been receiving threatening calls from some mafia syndicates for some time.
They alleged Dey had even informed the Jharkhand police about a call he had received with a demand for Rs. 50 million..
- Three sentenced to life for killing shoe baron - Sep 21, 2011
- Three convicted for killing shoe baron - Sep 17, 2011
- Jamshedpur residents panic after series of violent crimes - Jan 12, 2010
- Scribe's murder: Lawyer moves high court for CBI probe - Jun 15, 2011
- Senior crime journalist shot dead in Mumbai (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Mumbai police on verge of cracking J. Dey murder case - Jun 16, 2011
- Mumbai scribe's killers left no clue: Home minister - Jun 17, 2011
- Seven arrested for journalist Dey's murder, motive unclear (Third Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Senior Mid Day crime journalist shot dead - Jun 11, 2011
- Mumbai journalist's funeral in afternoon - Jun 12, 2011
- Scribe's murder: Expelled NCP member detained - Sep 05, 2011
- Mumbai politicians, activists condemn Mid Day scribe's murder - Jun 11, 2011
- Pune blasts: Police still to identify perpetrators, detain four (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Senior Mid Day crime journalist shot dead (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Kiwi men pay more to get their shoes repaired than women - Sep 11, 2010