Jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh stolen from Delhi houseJanuary 26th, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 26 (IANS) A gang of robbers sneaked into a house in east Delhi while the residents were sleeping and escaped with jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh, police said.According to the police, the robbers entered the two-storey house at Rajbir Nagar in Mayur Vihar Phase-III through the roof Tuesday night.
The house owner, Vijay Chaudhary, 26, was asleep inside.
“We were all sleeping on the second floor. My father Mahavir Singh Nagar, mother Shakuntala Nagar and two younger brothers, Ajay and Vikash, were sleeping on the first floor,” Vijay told IANS.
Shankuntala found her room locked from outside when she woke up early Wednesday, and discovered the almirahs of one of the unoccupied rooms ransacked.
When police reached the spot, they found that the robbers had decamped with jewellery worth Rs.14.5 lakh.
“We are investigating the matter. It seems that an insider may be involved in this incident,” a police officer said.
- Assailants rob retired principal's house, 1 held - Apr 23, 2012
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Armed men loot Rs.18 lakh from house in Haryana - May 05, 2011
- Former Jamia professor's house burgled in Ghaziabad - Feb 22, 2010
- Newly recruited servent drugs employer, decamps with jewellery - Jan 29, 2011
- Elderly woman found killed in Delhi - May 04, 2012
- Dacoits loot cash, jewellery in east Delhi - Apr 17, 2011
- Rs.45 lakh burglary in Delhi - Jun 10, 2010
- Noida house burgled, lakhs missing - Jul 13, 2011
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Elderly woman killed by robbers - Dec 20, 2011
- Cash, jewellery worth Rs.3.5 lakh looted from Delhi house - Aug 03, 2009
- Servant loots former employer's house - May 04, 2011
- 20 of family kept hostage as robbers ransack home - Jul 16, 2010