Jeweller shot dead, looted of Rs.5 lakhDecember 27th, 2009 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 27 (IANS) Two bike-borne assailants Sunday evening shot dead a jeweller in southwest Delhi before fleeing with his car and a bag reportedly containing Rs.5 lakh, police said.
The assailants waylaid Roshan Lal, 36, in Baprola village on the Najafgarh-Nangloi road.
Roshan Lal, who owned a jewellery shop in Karol Bagh, was reportedly carrying Rs.5 lakh in his bag. The deceased was accompanied by his friend.
The robbers abandoned their motorcycle bearing a Haryana registration number at the crime scene. The incident took place around 5.15 p.m, police said.
Roshan Lal, who was shot in the head, was taken to the Sanjay Gandhi Hospital where he was declared “brought dead”.
“A case of murder and loot has been registered. We are also questioning the victim’s colleague,” said an officer.
- Central Delhi robbers elude police - Dec 30, 2009
- Jeweller's employee held for helping robbers - Dec 22, 2010
- Private firm manager shot dead in Delhi - Jul 25, 2012
- Two arrested for killing businessman - Jul 08, 2011
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Rs.5 lakh looted, businessman injured - Jun 11, 2012
- Woman gangraped and killed, family looted by road robbers - Mar 26, 2012
- Delhi brothers shot at by snatchers - Jun 18, 2012
- Highway heist in Ghaziabad - Aug 13, 2011
- Two men on bike snatch Rs.1.5 lakh - Jul 05, 2011
- Jeweller shot at, looted - Feb 08, 2011
- Armed robbers loot Rs.15 lakh in Noida, nabbed, money recovered (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Bike-borne assailants attack scribe - Jun 07, 2011
- Man resisting robbery bid shot - Jan 19, 2012
- Rs.40 lakh robbed from jeweller's house - Apr 07, 2011
Tags: assailants, colleague, crime scene, deceased, gandhi hospital, jewellery shop, karol bagh, lal, loot, motorcycle, New Delhi, registration number, robbers, sanjay gandhi, southwest, sunday evening