JetLite flight axed after bird hitApril 6th, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by admin
Bangalore, April 6 (IANS) Budget carrier JetLite was forced to cancel a Bangalore-Coimbatore flight Sunday after the Boeing-737 was hit by a bird while ascending after a smooth take off, the airline’s spokesperson said. “When the aircraft was hit by a bird at around 11.15 a.m., the pilot decided to return and landed safely within five minutes. All passengers are safe… Those who opted to fly later are being accommodated in other flights,” a JetLite official told IANS.
The aircraft is now being repaired. The airline did not say how many people were on board.
The latest incident comes a week after a Hyderabad-bound Kingfisher aircraft hit a stray dog on a runway while cruising for take off March 28.
All 25 passengers onboard had a narrow escape while the nose wheel of the 50-seater ATR plane was damaged after the pilot applied emergency brakes and screeched to halt at high speed.
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike, five flights cancelled - Jul 10, 2012
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in April - May 17, 2012
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- Air passenger traffic falls for second straight month - Jul 18, 2012
- Air India cancelled 2,753 flights in the first six months: Ravi - Aug 10, 2011
- Flight cancellations affected over 5,000 passengers in August - Sep 16, 2010
- Close shave for JetLite flight in Lucknow - Jul 29, 2010
- Air India recorded highest number of cancellations in May - Jun 18, 2012
- Jet Airways' market share 26.1 percent in February - Mar 23, 2011
- Spicejet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu next month - Sep 07, 2010
- Kingfisher tops in unused flight slots, says Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
- Italian designer Roberto Capucci crafts new uniforms for JetLite - Aug 03, 2010
- JetLite passengers have narrow escape at Mumbai - Apr 29, 2010
- Jetlite plane makes emergency landing in Mumbai - Jul 04, 2011
- Mumbai-bound plane hit by bird, lands safely - Oct 21, 2010