Jet Airways cuts fuel surchargeDecember 6th, 2008 - 12:56 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 5 (IANS) A few days after state-owned Air India slashed fares by reducing its fuel surcharge by Rs.400 for all routes, Jet Airways Friday decided to cut fuel surcharge across all domestic sectors by the same amount from Saturday.However, there was no reduction in basic fares.
Both Jet Airways and its wholly- owned subsidiary JetLite cut fuel surcharge by Rs.400 across all domestic sectors, an airlines spokesperson said.
“There is no cut in basic fares in Jet or JetLite,” the spokesperson said.
The fuel surcharge effective from Saturday would be Rs.1,950 for flights on sectors less than 750 km and Rs.2,700 beyond that, the spokesperson said.
Domestic carriers presently charge fuel surcharge of Rs.2,350 per passenger flying up to 750 km and Rs.3,100 for those flying beyond 750 km in India.
The reduction in the fuel surcharge comes after a recent decline in jet fuel prices. State-run oil companies cut jet fuel prices Nov 15 by over 12 percent to a 14-month low.
Aviation turbine fuel (ATF) prices were slashed by over Rs.5,580 per kilolitre to Rs. 38,163.23 per kilolitre in Delhi from that prevalent in September 2007.
The fare cuts follow Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel’s comments that India’s airlines should cut fares now that jet fuel prices have eased.
ATF prices, which account for nearly 35 percent of an airline’s operating costs, have dropped by nearly 50 percent since hitting a high of Rs.73,673.56 a kilolitre in August.
- Kingfisher Airlines cuts fuel surcharge - Dec 06, 2008
- Jet, Kingfisher increase fares by Rs.400 (Lead) - Jun 17, 2009
- Air India cuts fares on all domestic routes - Dec 01, 2008
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.622 a kilolitre - Dec 31, 2011
- Jet Airways hikes domestic fares by Rs.400 - Jun 17, 2009
- Jet, Kingfisher domestic fares up Rs.200 - Nov 06, 2009
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.1,974 a kilolitre - Jan 31, 2012
- Jet fuel price cut by Rs.350.70 a kilolitre - Feb 16, 2012
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- Aviation stocks rally after direct jet fuel import allowed - Feb 07, 2012
- Airfare to rise along with fuel price, says Praful Patel - Jan 18, 2011
- Government rolls out plan to help domestic airlines (Roundup) - Feb 07, 2012
- Jet fuel price hiked by 4.5 percent - Aug 01, 2012
- Oil firms increase jet fuel price by 3.70 percent - Nov 30, 2011
- Jet fuel price hiked by 3.2 percent - Aug 16, 2012