Jet Airways appoints new general manager in CanadaNovember 20th, 2008 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Toronto, Nov 20 (IANS) Jet Airways has appointed B. Chandrashekar as its acting general manager for Canada. Chandrashekar, who has been overseeing sales operations for the airline in mid-western America and Canada, replaces Justin Gosling.
According to a Jet Airways statement issued here, Gosling is leaving the airline to pursue a career outside the aviation industry.
Chandrashekar has been instrumental in launching the airline’s North American operations, including its five weekly flights from Toronto to Delhi.
The airline statement said Chandrashekhar will continue to perform his role in sales operations in the mid-western US market as well Canada.
“Chandra’s extensive knowledge and experience within this company, coupled with his dedication and superior skills, made him the natural choice when this job became available,” said Nikos Kardassis, Jet Airways head for North America.
“We are proud of Jet Airways’ service and reliability - boasting one of the best on-time performance records of any airline - and are delighted that the Canadian market has welcomed Jet Airways so enthusiastically,” he said.
India’s biggest private carrier said its goal is to “change the way people fly” by offering them a service and style that “bespeaks the spirit of New India”.
Since its launch of trans-Atlantic service in 2007, Jet Airways has been recognised by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the world’s top three “foreign airlines operating foreign routes” in its 2008 Readers Choice Awards Survey.
- Jet to start Thiruvananthapuram-Sharjah flight - Jul 27, 2011
- Jet Airways in arrangement with European high-speed rail - Sep 15, 2011
- 100th aircraft to join Jet Airways fleet - Nov 17, 2011
- Jet Airways reports Rs.713.60 crore Q2 net loss - Nov 11, 2011
- Jet Airways joins Arab Air Carriers Organisation - May 30, 2011
- Jet inks $62 mn IT services deal with IBM - Sep 21, 2010
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Jet's international operations up 21.8 percent in August - Sep 17, 2010
- Jet adds two international flights, takes daily roster to 100 - Feb 14, 2011
- Jet Airways to start direct Delhi-Milan flight Dec 5 - Sep 23, 2010
- DGCA reviews airlines' safety - Jul 13, 2012
- Jet needs to raise cash flows, funds, say auditors - Nov 22, 2011
- Jet Airways launches Mumbai-Kathmandu service - Dec 02, 2009
- Jet Airways to suspend Brussels-New York flight - Jun 15, 2012
- Jet Airways Q1 net profit at Rs.3.52 crore - Jul 23, 2010