Jet Airways announces Muscat-Thiruvananthapuram daily flightsSeptember 3rd, 2008 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Dubai, Sep 3 (IANS) Leading Indian private airline Jet Airways has announced the launch of daily flights between Oman’s capital Muscat and Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala from Sep 15.The new service will complement the airline’s already existing Muscat-Mumbai service, a Jet statement issued here Wednesday said.
“In a bid to further enhance its connectivity on this (Gulf) sector, and in line with passenger demand, the airline is proud to be the first private India-based international airline to connect Muscat and Thiruvananthapuram,” Jet chief executive Wolfgang Prock-Schauer said.
A large number of the 500,000-strong expatriate Indian population in Oman hails from Kerala.
According to the new schedule, Jet’s flight will depart Muscat at 12:30 a.m. and arrive in Thiruvananthapuram at 5:35 a.m. local time.
On the return leg, the flight will take off from Thiruvananthapuram at 7:55 a.m. and land at Muscat at 10:30 a.m.
With the launch of this new flight, the airline will fly from six destinations in the Gulf - Kuwait, Bahrain, Muscat, Doha, Abu Dhabi and Dubai - to five gateway points in India - Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvananthapuram, Mumbai and Delhi.
Jet launched its inaugural flights to the Gulf in January this year.
- Jet Airways to connect Gulf with Dhaka via Mumbai - Aug 26, 2009
- British Midland International airline starts London-Amritsar service - Oct 14, 2011
- Jet Airways to launch New Delhi-Hong Kong daily flight - Aug 24, 2009
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Riyadh flight Aug 6 - Jul 29, 2009
- Jet Airways to launch Mumbai-Kuwait direct daily flight March 29 - Mar 05, 2009
- Jet Airways to increase low-cost operations - Aug 20, 2009
- IndiGo launches Dubai-Hyderabad daily flight - Aug 07, 2012
- Jet offers special benefits for students flying abroad - May 19, 2009
- Jet Airways secures restraint order from Bombay High Court against pilots' strike - Sep 08, 2009
- Jet Airways sacks three pilot, calls strike illegal - Sep 08, 2009
- Jet to start daily flights between Kerala, Muscat - Sep 12, 2008
- Jet to launch Kochi-Sharjah daily flight from Sep 1 - Jul 21, 2009
- Geojit BNP Paribas forms joint venture in Oman - Sep 21, 2011
- SpiceJet to link Dubai with Mumbai, Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Jet to fly daily on Delhi-Doha sector from Jan 21 - Dec 17, 2009