Jeev improves three places, moves to 55thOctober 13th, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 13 (IANS) Indian golfer Jeev Milkha Singh moved closer to his immediate goal of getting into the top-50 with a fourth place finish at the Hero Honda Indian Open. The Indian ace, who played with a strained neck and shoulder on the last day of the tournament, moved up from 58th to 55th. Another five places and he will be eligible for all four Majors next year.Jeev, meanwhile pulled out of the Portugal Open because of the neck strain and his next appearance will be the Volvo Masters.
Meanwhile Jyoti Randhawa and other Indians continued to slide down the rankings. Randhawa is now 126th, while Arjun Atwal is 230th and S.S.P. Chowrasia is 286th. Shiv Kapur is 303rd.
Jeev, who is second on the Asian Tour Order of Merit is also 10th on the European Money List. The top-15 on the European Money list get entry into both British and US Opens, while Jeev’s top-10 finish at the PGA will earn him a recall to the fourth Major of the season. Now he needs to get into top-50 before the year ends to make sure he comes back to Masters for the third year in succession.
Randhawa is 64th on the European Money list and will need to improve to get into the top-60 and a spot on the Volvo Masters of Europe, while Kapur, currently 115th needs to stay there to ensure a card in Europe next year. Chowrasia by virtue of having won the Emaar-MGF Masters exempt for European Tour for next two years.
- Indian golfers dominate Order of Merit ahead of Malaysian Open - Apr 13, 2011
- Indians sparkle in first half of Asian Tour season - Jul 05, 2010
- Jeev Milkha Singh wins Scottish Open - Jul 16, 2012
- Indians start as strong challengers in Avantha Masters - Feb 17, 2011
- Shiv Kapur hopes to gain from Jeev's tips at Kensville Challenge - Jan 13, 2012
- Chowrasia aiming for Indian Open, Merit crown - Oct 07, 2011
- Gurgaon down Noida in Louis Philippe Cup - Mar 09, 2012
- Lahiri seventh in Asian Tour's Order of Merit - Sep 03, 2012
- Himmat Rai ready for the big test at Hero Indian Open - Oct 04, 2011
- Chowrasia to lead Indian Challenge in Barclays Singapore Open - Nov 05, 2011
- Solid start for Himmat, Chowrasia at Black Mountain Masters - Dec 16, 2010
- Jeev improves to tied second at Volvo China Open - Apr 22, 2011
- Jeev, Kapur to help set up ISM academies in India - Feb 17, 2011
- Rising Indian star Lahiri gets Dubai Desert call-up - Jan 29, 2010
- Spaniard Cabrera-Bello leads; Kapur, Jeev one behind - Feb 18, 2011