JD-U rebels form political outfitJune 21st, 2011 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 21 (IANS) Dissidents in Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Tuesday formed a political outfit to highlight Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s alleged failures, a rebel leader said.
Named Nav Nirman Morcha, it is the first move by dissidents to challenge the authority of Nitish Kumar, who led his party to a thumping win in the state assembly polls last year.
Suspended JD-U MP Upendra Kushwaha was named the outfit’s president.
Kushwaha, one of four JD-U MPs suspended earlier this year for anti-party activities, said the formation of the outfit will democratise politics in the state. “It is a new beginning,” he said.
The move comes a day after a meeting of rebel JD-U leaders here.
According to a leader close to the dissidents, the meeting was attended by former party MP Arun Kumar, suspended party MPs Mangni Lal Mandal and Sushil Kumar Singh, suspended JD-U legislator Prem Kumar Mani and other party workers.
Arun Kumar said that the Nav Nirman Morcha has the support of all leaders and workers who were against the chief minister’s style of functioning.
- Janata Dal-United rebels hint at new party in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- Bihar stocks RSS books in government schools, says JD-U rebel - Jul 31, 2011
- JD-U rebels seek compensation for police firing victims - Jun 23, 2011
- 11 JD-U MPs face disciplinary action - Mar 08, 2011
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Second Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Under attack, Nitish to probe Bihar land bonanza (Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- Opposition demands CBI probe in Bihar land deals - Jul 20, 2011
- Nitish orders probe into Bihar land scam - Jul 19, 2011
- Won't appear before disciplinary committee: JD-U MP - Jan 27, 2011
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged (Lead, recasting intro) - Apr 11, 2011
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged - Apr 11, 2011
- JD-U MPs, legislator skip disciplinary committee hearing - Feb 05, 2011
- It's Janata Dal 'disunited' in Bihar (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- JD-U MP announces fast to demand probe into his assets - Jan 13, 2011
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012