JD-U leader shot dead in BiharAugust 30th, 2011 - 5:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Aug 30 (IANS) A Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader was shot dead by unidentified assailants in Patna district Tuesday, police said.
Jaleshwar Singh, considered close to legislator Anant Singh, was shot at in the Sadar Bazaar area in Barh sub-division when he was on his morning walk.
“It appeared to be a revenge killing to establish supremacy,” a police official said.
Anant Singh, a criminal turned politician who faces two dozen criminal charges, has demanded the arrest of those responsible for the killing of his supporter.
- Jailed Bihar politician to be awarded Ph.D - Jul 07, 2012
- Bihar ruling party legislator accused in liquor trader's killing - May 27, 2012
- Close aide of legislator arrested in Ranvir Sena chief's killing - Jun 06, 2012
- Two JD-U candidates haven't aged since 2005 - Oct 26, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
- Sangma seeks support in Bihar - Jul 14, 2012
- Two Bihar legislators get extortion calls - Jul 04, 2011
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Bihar legislator complains of extortion, death threats - Aug 03, 2011
- Two legislators linked to Ranvir Sena chief murder? - Jun 08, 2012
- Jailed don throws lavish party for fellow inmates - Apr 05, 2009
- Bihar panchayat poll candidate's husband murdered - Apr 25, 2011
- JD-U candidate booked for assaulting official - Oct 21, 2010
- Bihar police officer says legislator a threat to peaceful polls - Mar 30, 2009
- Two JD-U legislators booked for extortion - Dec 23, 2010