JD-S to vote for Pranab MukherjeeJune 21st, 2012 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, June 21 (IANS) The Janata Dal-Secular, with three Lok Sabha members and 26 legislators in Karnataka, said Thursday it will vote for United Progressive Alliance (UPA) presidential nominee Pranab Mukherjee.
Both Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Mukherjee had sought support, JD-S president and former prime minister H.D. Deve Gowda told reporters.
Gowda said Mukherjee wanted him to make public his party’s stand and so “I called the press to announce our support”.
The three JD-S Lok Sabha members include Deve Gowda and his son H.D. Kumaraswamy.
- Pranab urges Mamata, others to support him in poll - Jul 01, 2012
- H.D. Kumaraswamy survives bigamy charge - Apr 09, 2012
- Kumaraswamy begins indefinite fast - Jul 09, 2011
- JD-S to release more documents on Yeddyurappa's graft - Jun 15, 2011
- Court quashes cases against Kumaraswamy, wife - Oct 21, 2011
- Endless BJP bickering pushes parties into poll mode (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jan 22, 2012
- Kumaraswamy calls off fast - Jul 10, 2011
- Krishna moves high court to quash illegal mining case - Dec 09, 2011
- Yeddyurappa's son dismisses opposition charges (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Another land scam probe against Kumaraswamy - Jan 02, 2012
- Files on Congress, JD-S corruption missing: Yeddyurappa - May 02, 2011
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Kumaraswamy to begin fast-unto-death Saturday - Jul 08, 2011
- Oscar Fernandes files Rajya Sabha nomination papers - Jun 05, 2010
- As battle rages over his action, Bhardwaj has quiet birthday - May 17, 2011
Tags: deve gowda, former prime minister, janata, jd, june 21, kumaraswamy, legislators, lok sabha members, manmohan, manmohan singh, pranab mukherjee, presidential nominee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, progressive alliance